Cottage Violets
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Friday, April 4, 2008

Easy Peazy, Lemon Squeezy, To Paint A Rock Is Not So Easy

Today I was thinking of some fond memories. Once on Secretary's Day, the General Manager's wife painted a personal paperweight for all the ladies in the office. There was a saying on each paperweight. She thought long and hard about the sayings, and even enlisted her husband's help. Each year I give a donation and buy a calendar from Christian Record Services .They send blind children to camp each year, it is a wonderful organization. Anyhoo, she put a saying by Helen Keller on my paperweight. I will cherish this rock forever. Oh, bonus round the rock is painted pink........


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller




Please check out Christian Record Services. They are a lovely worthwhile organization.

Kind Regards, Theresa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a gift from the heart....how sweet and a treasure to keep forever for sure. Pink Hugs, Lynn

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Hi there,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I see Lynn is a pal of your too. She is the sweetest! I am having my grand opening today and the little doll bought something! I see you are in Bakersfield, CA. Great to talk to another Cali gal.

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Hi Theresa.. That is so sweet, I love it. Your blog looks beautiful! Oh and I love the apron, I am a apron collector. I wear them all the time around the house. Have a beautiful evening!
Your Pink Sis,
Stephanie

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Theresa,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. That rock is such a sweet gift. Enjoy it! I hope you have a great weekend!

The Feathered Nest said...

What a beautiful quote, Theresa!! I just love love it! Thank you so much for visiting my blog ~ I just love your studio. I love the shelves with all the cubbies!!! xxoo, Dawn

Roxie Morrow said...

That has to be the best saying ever. Helen Keller was so in touch with life.
And the rock is PINK! Yay! Bonus indeed!
Hope Bingo is going ok, I miss you guys on the forum. Drop me a line sometime.
Roxie