Cottage Violets
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pinwheel Tags and Lolli-Shops - They're the Tops

There's a fun, new e-mall a coming!! Lolli-Shops! I mean, look at that name, it drips cute. I can't even say it without smiling( and drooling a little). Look at their logo, it will give you the warm fuzzies guaranteed. I was irresistibly drawn to it like a moth to a flame. But I didn't get burned, I got accepted. I hear it is opening sometime in the fall or early winter, so get ready to have an incredible shopping experience in the near future, lol.

Here is a picture of the logo:


Now, isn't that the cutest. It evokes memories of parties, and childhood crushes, Easter, Spring Carnivals, and a host of other cherished times we keep alive in our memories. Lollipops, pinwheels, kites, and kittens are all reminiscent of that long ago time (not so long ago for some of you, lol). A time when we played hop scotch on the sidewalk. We rode our bikes like life was a constant race to be won on our trusty metal steeds. We wore dresses to school and hoped the wind wouldn't raise them up as we walked home from school with our hands full of Valentines from all the boys in class(I bet their mom's made them do it, lol). It makes me think of the week before school started when we had our little wardrobes all figured out, because our next dress would be coming at Christmas or that special outfit to celebrate Easter. My cousins always had the best dresses at Grandmother's Easter Egg Hunt replete with frills and a bonnet to match (I must not forget the shiny new patent leathers). In keeping with the cuteness that drew me to Lolli-shops, I have decided to offer my Pinwheel tags there. My pinwheel tags are made with Fairy Tale Buttons hand made by none other than Miss Angel Heart of Angel Heart Designs (or Cindy Houot, but please play along!). If you look three posts down, you will see the Tale of the Fairy Tale Buttons.
.
Here are some Pinwheel Tags and Fairy Tale Buttons:
.
.

The picture is a little dark but you can see them on my website in a better light, lol. I have a head full of ideas to use all the buttons in that heart shaped bowl Miss Angel Heart provided (she does lovely ceramics, or is it pottery). But take a look at the Pinwheel Tags on Cottage Violets. They are fun and fresh, a new twist on an old idea.
Just running my hands over the buttons reminds me of a lovely verse that is one of my favorites. A verse that reminds us how to live our lives. I think I will end this post with that verse.
.
And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,
That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and [that] ye may have lack of nothing.
.
I Thessalonians 4:11,12
.
Hugs and Blessings, Theresa

13 comments:

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Theresa they are cute as can be !


(())

Anonymous said...

Hello Ms. Cottage Violets. It's funny..... I left a comment on your Lollishop page about the pinwheels, then come over here for a visit and that's what your post is about...pinwheels. I love pinwheels and I THINK you have created the Cottage Violets signature tags. :) xo Lynn

Inka Smith said...

Theresa,
I am sure that the pinwheels will do very well for you! They are as cute as lollishops!! Talk to you later girl.
Inka

Unknown said...

Hi Sweet Theresa!

I was so happy to know you have also joined LolliShops. What a cute place it is! And it's nice to know other pinkies joined too. It should be fun once the shops open up. You are so sweet to tell everyone about Cindy's creations. I am a fan of her work too. And she is another sweetie pie too. Always funny and positive. Have a fantastic week!
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

sita said...

adorable tags, I am sooo looking forward to Lollishops! Not to just sell but to shop I think I will be in trouble.

Brown Bee Studio said...

Theresa, your pinwheels are the cutest ever! Hope all's well with you sweetpea! xoxox

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Theresa!
Your pinwheels are just darling! You are so talented, love everything you create!

Hope your having a wonderful week so far, I'm busy getting ready for my son's wedding on Sat., I really should be up in my sewing room right now ironing dress shirts...yuk!

XO,
Donna Lynn

Anonymous said...

Just popping over to see what's new at Cottage Violets. I saw your pretty ad in the recent Romantic Homes magazine thru the Shabby Lane Shops...so pretty. ~ Lynn

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

Too too TOO cute! I love the pinwheel tags.

I'm having a giveaway so be sure to check out my blog!

gail said...

Hi Theresa,,, I love your pinwheel buttons. So cute. I have also joined Lollishops. Its a awesome idea and its just adorable. I cant wait for it to get up and running. Hope your having a great weekend. luv, gail

Bertie said...

Soooo cute!! I remember pinwheels as a child. They bring back such fond memories.

Best of luck on Lollishops!!

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage

Char said...

these tags are so cute, I love them, thankyou for the share, Char

Char said...

these tags are so cute, I love them, thankyou for the share, Char