Cottage Violets
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Staging Your Home, The Blessed Life

I was curious about the word Staging - Stage, so with my mother's words from youth echoing in my ears I proceeded to "look it up"....I wasn't satisfied until I found two definitions way down the page, lol.

1. To arrange, organize and carry out.

2. A step or period of development, growth or progress.

Now those two definitions I can embrace and relate to. I want to #1 Stage My Home for convenience, comfort, and a soupcon of beauty. 3 simple steps: arrange, organize and carry out, sounds like list time to me (my forte). This I can do, and have done. Now my convenience, comfort, and beauty may not be yours but that is okay also. The best rule of thumb for #1 kind of staging is never ever live up or down to the Joneses, create your own style. If God hasn't given you a Purple Thumb for decorating get help from your Purple Thumbed Friends. Maybe you can trade your Green Thumb for someone else's Purple one.

#2 Staging is even better. It gives us a way out when we are bored, or feel that our tastes have changed. Your living space will evolve (never the Darwin theory kind, lol) as your family changes, your needs change, or your mind changes. Just as Prayer Changes Things, progress, growth, and development all mean change. So I am going to just DE-STRESS over the whole thing. I used to say the one with the most when they die wins (in regards to craft supplies). Now I say, it is not what I have, but how I use it. I want to decorate my home and my life for God's glory. I recently ordered a plaque from Dawn at The Feathered Nest. The plaque says:

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. I Thessalonians 4:11,12

Thank you Dawn for offering such a lovely reminder for our daily lives.

I would like to make a blog toast of sorts:

Here is to a new day and an old way, the gracious gift of life and salvation. Here's to you my sweet blog friends.
Theresa

4 comments:

Laura said...

Hi there dear sweet Theresa,

How are you? I haven't seen you at the forum. Hope all is well. What a beautiful and heartfelt post. I agree with you so much. I for one don't know what I would do without God leading the way. I always try to be a good person and lead a calm life. Most of all we need to enjoy each day as if it were our last because every day that we wake up is truly a blessing. Hope you have a wonderful and happy week ahead.
xoxo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Donna Lynn said...

Theresa,
How is your Wed. going?? Hopefully you are enjoying wonderful weather where you are! Loved the staging post, I worked doing store display and home staging for quite a few years, and I love moving things around and making it all fresh again! Life can be made fresh like this too, by keeping in the word of God, and re-staging our thoughts to fit his...
Thanks for the lovely post,
DL

Anonymous said...

Hi Theresa, I would like to thank you for visiting my blog and always leaving the sweetest and nicest comments. Do you have any idea how good that makes me feel? :) Have you seen that new show on HGTV called the Stagers or something like that. I really enjoy it. ~ Lynn

Inka Smith said...

Hi Theresa,
I love this post. Your site and blog look great!
Be Blessed sweet friend,
Inka