Cottage Violets
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Monday, May 20, 2013

Rosettes - You Can't Make Just One!

Hi All,
Theresa from Cottage Violets here. I ordered a new die for my sizzix. It's the "Paper Rosette Die" from Tim Holtz. I had some cardstock strips 2" x 11" in pastels that I got at Michael's on clearance, a perfect fit for the die.
This is a die-cut machine (just one option). The Pink Sizzix Sidekick
 
 
I told myself I'll try out a pink strip, hence, pink rosette. Crank, crank, crank, out comes the perfect rosette strip. I fold, fold, fold, and glue, glue, well, you get the idea.

 
I honest couldn't stop, I made over forty!
 
I take a look at the finished rosette. It is sheer perfection. The ideas are jumping out of my brain. Mixed media art, scrapbook pages, journal covers, clean room awards (lol, for the little ones), cupcake picks, and etc.


 
A Rosette with a Handmade Button
 
As of today, I have finished half the stack of pre-cut strips, 40+ rosettes in pastel colors.I JUST CAN'T STOP...... Right now I am happy just to sit and admire them. They were a pure joy to make, and even look pretty sitting in a gallon Glad bag.
So, Cottage Violets will be selling some paper rosette crafts in the future. Unless, I just leave them out on the table in a crystal dish, all pastel perfection!

Blessings, Theresa
She selects wool and flax, and works with eager hands. Proverbs 31:13

 Oh, I couldn't stop and after I wrote this blog post, I made this little sign. So fellow bloggers and crafters: Bloom Where You're Planted!



2 comments:

LilacsNDreams said...

These are truly adorable, and I can feel the fun with making them too! Adorable flowers, and wishing you more fun with projects.

Kim
LilacsNDreams

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh my goodness....this is so so cute!