Cottage Violets
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Button Button I Have The Buttons

I have an age old love for buttons. This love affair has been a constant in my life for decades.

My husband is aware of this affair. I am sure he is okay with it, unless and until it reaches hoarder status.

So I've come up with a good plan. I am selling button jars on Cottage Violets. I am calling them "Not Your NaNa's Button Jar"!

I found some lovely single serving glass milk jugs. I gathered up some crisp white tulle rounds, Velcro strips, grosgrain ribbon, and bakers twine. I made some cute little tags, added a button and voila' : "Not Your NaNa's Button Jar". For the buttons, I chose the Button Galore buttons. I measured out 4 ounces each, which is approximately 175 buttons.
At last I can have my buttons and sell them too! They sure look cute sitting around the craft room. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Can you resist buttons? If so let me know how!

Here they are sitting in their sweet little crate waiting for a new home.

I will leave you with heart full of buttons Cynthia Houot, the Rose Queen , Miss Angelheart from Angel Heart Designs custom made for me. They are ceramic, and I use them on special projects when I am not just sitting and staring at their beauty.

 
 
Button up your overcoat
When the wind is free
Oh, take good care of yourself
You belong to me
Boop-boop-a-doop
 
(Brown, DeSylva, Henderson)

Having lovely time, wish you were here, Theresa







1 comment:

Carolee Crafts said...

I too love buttons Theresa, something so addictive about them. When dear MIL died I became the owner of her button box and have so many dating back through the decades.

Love what you have done with yours